Science Fiction, Science Future Exhibit; Coral Carnaval; Hometown Hero Appreciation Day; 4th of July Science on Tap; Shark Preservation Week
WHO:Cox Science Center and Aquarium (CSCA)
WHAT: Ongoing summer events for guests to enjoy at CSCA include:
- Science Fiction, Science Future Exhibit: Science Fiction Science Future transports guests into the future, enabling visitors to develop a deeper understanding of how science fiction ideas and concepts might become the science reality of tomorrow. Engaging visitors with mesmerizing hands-on and full-body experiences, Science Fiction Science Future incorporates robots, invisibility, mind control, holograms and augmented reality. This exhibittouches upon many scientific principles including science fiction stories, curiosity, innovation and imagination to bring to life innovations and inventions that were once considered possible only in film and literature. A stunning visual environment, featuring exhibits that challenge both the mind and body, Science Fiction Science Future sets the stage for a unique journey of science exploration, curiosity and discovery. For more information, please visit coxsciencecenter.org/Science-Fiction.
- Coral Carnaval: Visitors can dive into the world of corals during the Center’s colorful Coral Carnaval conservation event! In partnership with The Reef Institute, guests can participate in presentations from coral experts, get hands-on with coral-themed crafts and enjoy various vendors, food trucks and live musical entertainment A schedule of shows will also be offered in the planetarium including Kaluoka’hina: The Enchanted Reef, Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure and Dyanmic Earth to name a few. Vendors and sponsors are still being accepted for this event at coxsciencecenter.org/Coral-Carnaval.
- Hometown Hero Appreciation Day: Show some local love by participating in Hometown Hero Appreciation Day. The public can join between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Veterans, active-duty military, first responders, Gold Star Families and up to four guests can receive free admission at the Center between 9 and 10 a.m. before doors open to general visitors. Heroes, their families and the public can enjoy special activities such as military vehicle demonstrations, meet and greet with local armed forces as well as live science demonstrations and military ceremonies. To redeem your tickets, register online at coxsciencecenter.org/heroes and kindly bring your military or employee ID.
- Science on Tap:Modelled after “Science Cafes”, Science on Tap is the only place in Palm Beach County where for the price of a cup of coffee, a quality craft beer, or a smooth glass of wine, anyone can come to discuss the latest trends in science and technology with a world-class scientist. With the motto to ‘drink up – get smart,’ you know you are in for a casual-education session, as the goal of the program is for guests to have fun while learning a little bit more about everyday curiosities. This upcoming ‘Science on Tap’ topic is “Brewed to Perfection: The Science Behind the Suds!” at Matthews Brewing Company in Lake Worth.
- 4th of July at the Center: Celebrate the Fourth of July with a bang at the Cox Science Center and Aquarium! All ages can show their patriotism with 3D paper firework crafts, fire and ice science demonstrations, alligator petting, liquid nitrogen demonstrations and more! Mini golf is included with admission and guests can check out the latest summer exhibit – Science Fiction, Science Future. For more information, please visit coxsciencecenter.org/event/4th-july-celebration.
- Shark Preservation Week: Join in for a jaw-dropping week dedicated to Shark Preservation! Throughout the week, guests can be a part of touch tank presentations, aquarium feedings, planetarium shows, alligator petting and ocean-themed activities. Strengthen your shark knowledge with fun activities and vendors come July! More information can be found at coxsciencecenter.org/event/shark-preservation-week-1.
- Science Fiction, Summer Future Exhibit: Sunday, May 14 to September 24, 2023
- Coral Carnaval: Saturday, June 3 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Hometown Hero Appreciation Day: Saturday, June 17 between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Science on Tap: Thursday, June 22 starting at 7 p.m.
- 4th of July: Tuesday, July 4 between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Shark Preservation Week: Monday, July 10 to Friday, July 16
WHERE: Cox Science Center and Aquarium at 4801 Dreher Trail N, West Palm Beach, FL 33405
HOW MUCH: General admission for adults is $20.95, $16.95 for kids ages 3-12 and $18.95 for seniors ages 60+ and older.
Please Note: Admission varies for Hometown Heroes Appreciation Day and Science on Tap.
- For Hometown Heroes Appreciation Day, veterans, active-duty military, first responders, Gold Star Families and up to four guests can receive free admission at the Center.
- Science on Tap is free admission. However, drink purchases come at separate costs.